Saturday 15 August 2009

CONTINUING TO COLLAGRAPH

After a summer break it is a relief to get back to some work. Over the summer I have been working on flamingo images and this week I have completed these new collagraphs.
I use grey board as a base, then apply wood glue for the whites and Carborundum for the deep colours and areas of black.
I have had some good news this summer, the largest collagraph I have ever made has been selected for the Royal West of England Academy's Open Print Exhibition in Bristol.
'Heads Up' measures 180cm x 85cm and is made in a similar way to the flamingos. The exhibition is on until 19th September and is well worth a visit if you are interested in printmaking, it has a comprehensive collection of national and international examples of the many processes used in print.


1 comment:

Sara Bowen said...

I love the ostrich! I'm coming over to Bristol in September and will just get to see it at the RWA. Look forward to it. Sara