Tuesday 11 December 2012

YULE TIDE ANTEDOTE

I thought I would take a break from the crowds, wrapping and card writing of Christmas and take myself off to the Butterfly farm in Stratford-On-Avon.
Not only was it a break from the festive frolicking, it was warm and an assault on the senses.
Once through the plastic curtain the air is alive with floating colour.
Butterflies full of colour and gracefully fluttering among the tropical foliage.
I witnessed life emerging before my very eyes.
The thing that stuck me was the number of beautiful creatures there were, no hunting  to find them among the leaves, the air was full.
 
Inspirational and energising, just the tonic I needed.

4 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

Oh my goodness me! That second photo from the bottom......what beautiful creatures.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I think I need to put this on my list of places to go... as well as getting to see the shoebill!! Directions required after the holidays for me and the boy to follow one weekend. x

RosieK said...

Wonderful - I went there many years ago and this has reminded me to revisit

Pauline Coddington said...

Heard a programme on radio 4 about the purple emperor butterfly. What an untypical butterfly it is. Bad tempered and with an appetite for junk food!!