Thursday 3 January 2013

COLOUR?

Pat Johnson from the British Society of Enamellers has been interviewing me about my work for their on line magazine. www.enamellers.org
 One of the questions I was asked was,
" Looking at your pictures, I see that at least two of the images are in colour, but they all look black and white. Are you only using black and white enamels?"
I don't know that it was this question that prompted me to spend today working in my new sketch book, 11 x 15cms?
Or the trip to Bovey Tracy delivering work for the Get Fresh exhibition, www.crafts.org.uk
where I was inspired by the ceramic work of Clare Mahoney?
Or is it a left over from the Christmas decorations that are now coming down?
Or perhaps a new colourful me for 2013? We'll see!!

2 comments:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I love blue and rust together or orange and black so these tick my boxes. I think your choice of natural history matter often determines a monochromatic choice doesn't it? Hope you get some great feedback from the interview and good luck at BT. A fabulous setting for your work.

Chris said...

Beautiful color combinations....