Monday 18 March 2013

ENAMEL EXPERIMENTS

I am working on a set of labels based on The Lost Relatives theme.
But I find myself experimenting more and more with the juxtaposition of text and imagery.
These people, above and below I found tucked away in my fathers photograph album. An album I have known all my life, but I have not come across these relatives until now.
Who are these little girls?
Who is this woman...some relation, but that information is now lost.
The enamels may look quickly put together,
but I spend a great deal of time planning in my sketch books.
This is my teenage mother, who is now in her 90s...but don't worry, she is not lost.

5 comments:

Wendy Rhodes said...

These get richer and richer, both visually and in the content. You've hit a powerful seam of creativity, keep mining it.

sukipoet said...

these are just wonderful. i love the lacey background. they hold a lot of charm.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

These are all lovely!

CarysB said...

I really love these - for me these perfectly sum up the way things get lost and changed across time.

Jen Crossley said...

Im running out of words to say Sue stunning