Thursday 10 October 2013

FURTHER INSTALLMENTS OF SILK AQUA TINT

I missed to post about Hampens Silk Aqua tint class last week because I forgot my camera, so I am making up for it this week.
I have been encouraging everyone to try chine collee when printing their experiments.
This is the addition of coloured tissue or handmade paper at the printing stage.
We have also been printing with viscosity inks...but more of that next week.
This week everyone has been adding skim and repair filler to the chiffon base using masking tape to control the shapes.
Skim and repair is very sensitive to textures which retains ink in great detail.
Wall paper, lace and leaves were pressed into the filler.
Then glue is added to create tonal variations. I can not wait to see these plates printed next week.

3 comments:

Coreopsis said...

This looks like a really cool technique. Do be sure to post the prints next week. I've never really gotten chine colle to work properly, but these are beautiful.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I can't wait to see them printed either! Chomping at the bit to try this out.

Aine Scannell said...

Hi Sue

Well done on the craft council award scheme you were selected for. Hard work garnering rewards is a lovely feeling ..............

I hope you don't mind me asking but

is "Skim and Repair" a product that builders and decorators use ?

please do let me know aine@ainescannell.com