Monday 5 January 2015

SUE OF THE YARD

2015 has arrived with a 'bang' for me. I have been talking about my last classes at Hampen Factory in previous posts and a new start at The Yard:ARTspace in Cheltenham.
 
I found a building to rent at the end of the road I live in and with the
support and enthusiasm of my landlady, Jen,
a great deal of hard work,
lots of this,
several days of painting from 
friends and family...not all of them liked their photos being taken.
Thankyou to all these lovely people who kept the project on time.
Lots of help and hard work from my ace builder, the lovely Mr Brown and Toby, who was often the other side of the camera.
And gallons of this kept the workers smiling.
Just before Christmas my press was moved out of the shed by
the lovely chaps from Art Equipment, http://www.art-equipment.co.uk/ fuelled by coffee and freshly made mince pies.
So just like Grand Designs or make over programs, here is the result after lots of hard work from so many lovely people.
 
The press room.
The yard.
The work room.
And the space in-between.
I have started to work in my new studio this week and my classes start the week of the 12th January. Check out the workshop page on my blog or like my facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sue-Brown/1478939815714857 for up to the minute news and details about courses and workshops. If you find yourself in Upper Bath St., Cheltenham, GL50 2AU on Tues or Thur between 2-5pm, pop in and see what is happening at the Yard.

6 comments:

Wendy Rhodes said...

What an amazing transformation! Congratulations, here's to 2015, it looks like its going to be a great year for you X

Caroline said...

Fabulous! It looks so fabulous and with so much more space to play. I am a bit curious as to what the shed looks like now?

Marianne Hall said...

Brilliant! Gosh I love transformations. Wishing you the very best!

Jennifer Tetlow said...

What a lovely new space - makes me want to go and make transformations in my own workshop - hope it inspires lots of wonderful creativity for the year to come.

Unknown said...

wow! congrats!

Unknown said...

Looks great! Well done Sue! xx